How is this affecting small business owners?
First, we must realize that small business owners are certainly at their most stressed out time. (myself included) It may be due to people not dining out, getting their nails done, having photo sessions, artists selling work, shopping, events, bar crawling. Truthfully, Covid-19 is catastrophic to us. Yes, large business is suffering too, but small business may see the largest loss. Speaking for myself, a small business owner affected by Covid-19, I am starting to panic.
What can we do to help?
- Leave amazing reviews. Search a companies google, and leave them a heartfelt 5 star review. Why? Reviews are how we get most of our future bookings and sells! This months from now when things settle down will assure people we are the right folks to work with/purchase from!
- Buy gift cards– If you do not feel comfortable dining out, or being in public that is understandable. However, what you can do is spend a few dollars and buy a gift card from your favorite boutique. This for many small business owners is how they will pay their rent each month.
- Share their work! Make a blog post about a maker or someone you follow. Take to social media and share something that made you smile! This time more than ever small businesses need a boost of happiness- why not share their work? Its free!
- Invite friends to like their pages on social media!
- Lend a helping hand. Ask them what you can do from a distance to make their lives easier? Likely, we are mostly hardheaded so the answer will be “its ok, thank you though!” But wow- that gesture just made their day!
- Shop online– This can be shipped to you!
- Reschedule your meeting/ wedding date -Don’t cancel on these small businesses when you can! However, if it becomes necessary please reschedule and not cancel. We’ve likely spent weeks on weeks perfecting your wedding date, or making your artwork. Try your best to reschedule with them once this calms down. Covid-19 can’t stop us from creating the memories we’ve all been waiting for!
- Shop local – I can not say this enough. Shop local, buy coffee from a small shop, grab groceries from a mom and pop store.
- Check on them– Just say hey homie, I know things are getting wild with this Covid-19. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you during this time! Please let me know if I can do anything to help!
In conclusion- Guys, we love our clients/patrons. We truly thank you guys from the bottom of our hearts for supporting us. As always, stay safe! Be smart! Together we will get through this.
Thanks for LKN Boudoir for bringing this to my attention! This is something we cannot sleep on. Check out her work, and heck- leave her some love too!
As always follow along on social media at Hilary Koon Photo
For other blog updates on wedding season follow along here