Having an engagement session soon? Here are 5 tips to make it easy peasey!
Who doesn’t need tips for their engagement session? I mean, its not like we do these everyday!
- What vibe do you want for your scenery? Do you love greenery and earthy tones, are you more of a city skyline person, mountains, beach? Make sure to verbalize all of this to your photographer. Chances are they know of a ton of amazing local spots (and not local) that you can take advantage of!
- Always have two outfits! My recommendation is to have a dressy option (think GURLLLL you’re celebrating this engagement, go all out and put that dress on that you feel fancy in. ROCK IT) and one casual option. With casual options I always say to jazz it up with jewelry or accessories like hats. Try on all outfits before the two week mark and make sure its the perfect fit. I always tell my couples to make sure that they are comfortable first, because without that- it will show in photos. I recommend keeping outfits more solid over print. IF opting for multiple prints, try them on together and grab a selfie to see how it looks!
- Do you have something that is special to you that you want to add in to the photos? I have had couples use military outfits to football and sports team jerseys. Make sure your engagement session SCREAMS who you are as a couple. Take advantage of your photos and make the most of them! This is a special moment and it deserves to be treated that way. Have a puppy? Want to include a vintage picnic basket? DO ITTTT.
- Get your hair and makeup done! This is your big reveal as a couple, make it count. Go all out. Also, this is a great trial for the wedding day! Make sure to book makeup artists well in advance, they book as quickly as photographers!
- Have a DATE NIGHT afterwards! You’re already dressed up- so make the most of it!
These engagement session tips are going to make this a session you never forget!
For inspo for what to wear in your engagement shoots click here
For more couples blogs click here
For wedding info on packages click here
Allie & Chase